Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Having Fun Moments

A few years ago, I ran into one of my friends who had recently given birth to twins. When I asked how things were going, she said, "We are having a lot of fun!" Although I'm sure she was probably pretty tired, her answer was positive, upbeat, and sincere.

I have thought about her answer lately, and wondered if I could say the same thing. I mean, let's be honest, it can be pretty easy to get caught up in the hard aspects of taking care of a newborn. It's a pretty demanding job! I'll admit there are times for me when the sleep deprivation leads to grumpiness, and I forget to enjoy these moments... I forget to have fun with it all. So here's to the fun we've had so far, and to finding and making more fun moments in the future!

It makes things more fun to laugh at some of the crazy and challenging things that happen, like getting peed on in the middle of the night or burning dinner..again. As Marjorie Hinckley said: “The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.”
Sad sweet potato fries
It's fun to go out and do things as a family.
Our first official family outing at a yummy Hawaiin shaved ice stand.
Bear Lake on Labor Day
Tyler is saying "You will like this place!"


It's fun to go out and do things as a couple. (Thanks to very supportive family members who offer to babysit and make that possible!)
We loved this date night to see James Taylor and the Tab Choir!

It's fun to go do things with friends.
Baby's first walk with one of my good friends and her kids.

It's fun to wear red together. :)
Go Utes!
It's fun to see the little changes that happen every day.
We are on the lookout for his cute smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment