Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Moments of Remembering

Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and I cannot believe that the holiday season is here already.
These past few months have just flown by for us, and I'm starting to believe people when they tell me that time seems to go by faster the older you get.

There have been several different times in my life when I have felt the need to find a focus- something to keep me along the path of personal, spiritual growth and progress. During the past couple of months there is a message or an idea that has come to my mind in times of both happiness and difficulty. Since I have been thinking about it so often, I have decided to make it my new focus, and I think it fits in perfectly with this time of year.

The message is simple:


I attended a presentation given by this speaker,  to an audience of women in my church. Among the many uplifting things that he shared, he encouraged us to spend less time worrying about the million things we think we are supposed to do to be good mothers, daughters, members, women, etc.--  and to instead focus on what the Lord really asks us to do: to always remember Him.

When we remember Him, it can change the way we feel and the things that we do. It can change the way we treat people or how we respond to situations. It reminds us of who we really are as His children, and allows us to see other people the same way. Doing so invites the Spirit into our hearts and lives.

This time of year can be fun and exciting, and yet busy and stressful all at the same time.
I want to make sure that I find ways to remember what is most important.

To remember that all of my blessings come from a kind, loving Heavenly Father.
To remember that He loves me, and that I have infinite worth as His daughter.
To remember to put my faith, trust, and hope in his timing and purposes.
To remember to love others as He does.

I want to make this a season of remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment