Saturday, October 13, 2012

Benched Moments


Over the summer I had one of those sleepless nights where I couldn't stop thinking about work. On this particular night, I was thinking about how to create a better space for the reading center in my classroom. That's when I decided that I wanted to build a bench. So I asked my very talented Grandpa, who has a fully equipped wood shop, if he would help me.

It was a lot of fun to spend time with him throughout the process, but I definitely can't take any credit for the results. I showed him my ideas, helped to pick out the wood and stain, and he did all of the wood work.



My Grandpa did such an amazing job, and the bench turned out so perfectly. I couldn't have made anything so beautiful, and I can't thank him enough!

I was so excited to finally move it to my classroom this past week. It is the perfect addition to this little reading nook.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Grandpa did an amazing job with your amazing idea. My kindergarten thinks it makes a fabulous reading corner. We'll have to find a way for her (and all of us) to visit it sometime.

    ReplyDelete