8 years ago I lived with my amazing aunt and uncle and their family in Idaho. While I was there, they had a sweet baby girl and I loved watching her grow and develop. I will always remember the times I spent there with that family, and I can't believe it has been 8 years since I met this beautiful girl!
This past weekend she was baptized, and it was so great to go and be a part of her special day.
![]() |
| then and now |
Tyler and I have been able to go visit this family a few times since we've been married, and we always have so much fun with them. This last trip was no exception!
We were able to go to the Boise Temple open house. It was so beautiful!
We went to cheer on my cousin at her soccer game. She even scored some goals!
And of course we played games and just had fun hanging out with all of the family that also came.
The baptism itself was so sweet. My cousin asked me to give one of the talks, and I could not get through it without crying! I just love her and her family so much.
We left really early this morning to get back for commitments in our own church meetings. It was so dark when we started driving, and we were both really tired from staying up late all weekend. But within a couple of hours, the sky slowly started to change as the sun began to rise. At one point, we were literally driving into the sunrise, and it was so beautiful.
As I watched the darkness turn to light in the sky, I began to reflect on the feelings of peace, gratitude, and love that have been abundant in my life this week. Doing so filled me with a renewed sense of faith and hope for the future.
"Hope...is like the beam of sunlight rising up and above the horizon of our present circumstances. It pierces the darkness with a brilliant dawn. It encourages and inspires us to place our trust in the loving care of an eternal Heavenly Father."
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf







No comments:
Post a Comment