Saturday, May 5, 2012

Moments of "Surprise!"

I have a pretty sneaky husband when it comes to planning a surprise.  He gets really excited about planning them and I like being surprised, so it is definitely a win-win in our relationship.

Yesterday we were on our way to a thank you BBQ for an event that Tyler recently volunteered for. Before we left, Tyler said "Hey, I left our laundry at my parents' house. Is it okay if we stop by there before we go to the BBQ?" I agreed, of course, because we need our laundry and I like visiting with his family.

When we walked in, the house was decorated with balloons, tables and chairs were set up on the deck, and everyone was busy with various preparations. His sister said something about "the guest of honor" arriving, and it didn't take long after that to realize that there was no thank you BBQ. 

Tyler planned a surprise Graduation Party for me, in light of the fact that I finished my Master's degree last semester and decided not to walk in the commencement ceremonies this past week. He invited a big group of my family and friends to join in the event, and I was so touched by everyone's kindness, love and support. He even put together my graduation attire, complete with a Master of Education hood!

It was such a great surprise, and it meant so much to celebrate this milestone in my life with so many wonderful people.



No comments:

Post a Comment