Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Full Moments

Well, we survived our first holiday family-visiting marathon with a baby. I'll be honest, it was a little more exhausting than I expected it to be, but we still had a great day. We started off with the Human Race 5K, then Tyler filled our apartment with the amazing smell of sweet potatoes and brown sugar baking in the oven before we left to go eat and see our families.
Baby just wanted to eat his hands for Thanksgiving...
I think we've decided that Thanksgiving is pretty much our favorite holiday. It's possible that we are somewhat swayed by the food aspect of the day, because we definitely love food around here...But there is more to it than that. There is something about the simpleness of Thanksgiving that makes it so great. The focus of the day is getting full with delicious food and thinking about how your life is full of blessings, all while spending time with people that you love and care about. We decided we are just less stressed on Thanksgiving, and maybe that's because it is easier to enjoy the moments, the food, and the company, without worrying about gifts or anything like that.

This year, I am especially thankful for my own little family. I know every parent says this, but we can't believe how much our little guy is already changing and growing.
He is definitely a blessing in our lives!






No comments:

Post a Comment