First, a hike to Lake Blanche with a teacher friend from work. This is a beautiful hike, but it is long and strenuous--especially if you are as out of shape as I am. But we were able to take it at a perfect, not-too-fast pace that made it really enjoyable. It felt really good to be out hiking, especially with good company.
My dad took us to a play at Sundance theater, up Provo canyon. I don't know of any other place where you have to hike up a steep hill to watch a play- but that was all part of the adventure. (We could have waited for a wagon to take us up the hill, but we were running late so we decided to climb it.) It was a beautiful setting and a fun evening with my family.
This week, we spent some time up at East Canyon Resort, which is a summer tradition for my family. There we enjoyed watching the Olympics, pretending to swim like we were in the Olympics, and counting wildlife sightings on on our nightly drive down the canyon. (7 deer, 1 raccoon, and 1 fox made our list this year...last year we saw a porcupine!) I love the mountains.
Although the last official month of summer is beginning, my summer break is coming to an end. Next week I will be back in my classroom doing Kindergarten assessments and getting ready for the new school year. I'll be honest, as nice as it has been to have a break, I'm looking forward to adding some structure back into my day.
P.S. Tyler and I are celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary this weekend. It's been a great 2 years!
![]() |
| Sometimes it's hard to get Tyler to smile normally for the camera... but I love him anyways. :) |



No comments:
Post a Comment